Why not arrange a paddleboarding sesion whist staying at the beach house . Local Watersports business , Edge Watersports, based in Exmouth East Devon is owned by Eric and Steph Bridge who also co own the beach house. The Exe estuary is their playground for all their favourite watersports so join them for a great paddleboard experience. Tel 01395 222551 www.edgewatersports.com email@example.com
Exmouth is a seaside town with a difference. There is plenty going on all year round. Forget the dowdy closed up seaside towns of the past Exmouth is different.
There are shops and cafes open all year round along the seafront front and a brand new indoor play centre for the kids with a bowling alley can be found a short walk from the property.
Festivals and fetes are in abundance in the summer months with pelenty to do and see.
Our top tips:
- Hire a bike from a shop in the town and cycle along the cycle path towards Topsham
- Take part in some water sports
- Take a boat trip from the marina to see the coast from a different angle
Topsham is 15min drive towards Exeter and is the old port for Exeter - some good independent shops - great restaurants and pubs - visit Pebblebeds wine tasting cellar
Just a short drive or train ride away is the city of Exeter. Steeped in history this makes a lovely day out. Take in the magnificant Catherdral whilst having a picnic, shop till you drop in the vast range of shops or stroll along the Quay watching the world go by.
There is a lot of historical things to do in Exeter. The Cathedral area is magnificent - Why not take a trip down the Undgerground Passages or visit the beautiful award winning Museum?
- Arrange a visit to Pebblebed the local vineyard (15 minutes drive away) owned by one of the families who own the property. Indulge yourself in a few glasses of their award winning wine and see how brilliant wine from this reagion really is.
- Take a trip to the Jurrassic Coast - wether you are walkers or explorers this coastline is perfect for a hike or even a spot of fossil hunting. Budleigh Salterton - Sidmouth - Beer - Branscombe - Lyme Regis.
- Woodbury Common 10 min drive away is great for walks and of course Dartmoor is about 40mins drive away.
- There are many National Trust sites within an hour of the house. Killerton is a gorgeous property with stunning landscaped Gardens and tonnes for the kids to do. A La Ronde a quirky Arts and Crafts property that provided many activities for people of all ages and the most amazing Shell House!
We believe that you will find something to keep everyone happy when staying in The Beach House.